Welcome to OpenZFS
OpenZFS was announced in September 2013 as the truly open source successor to the ZFS project. Our community brings together developers from the illumos, FreeBSD, Linux, and OS X platforms, and a wide range of companies that build products on top of OpenZFS.
OpenZFS is an outstanding storage platform that encompasses the functionality of traditional filesystems, volume managers, and more, with consistent reliability, functionality and performance across all distributions:
|ZFS on Linux||Webpage||GitHub|
|OpenZFS on OS X||Webpage||GitHub|
OpenZFS Developer Summit 2016 <= click for details
The fourth annual OpenZFS Developer Summit will be held in San Francisco, September 26-27th, 2016! All OpenZFS developers are invited to participate.
The goal of the event is to foster cross-community discussions of OpenZFS work and to make progress on some of the projects we have proposed. This 2-day event will consist of 1 day of presentation (Sept 26) and a 1 day hackathon (Sept 27).
We are accepting talk proposals, which are due August 1st, 2016. Email them to email@example.com
Thanks to the 2016 early Platinum sponsors for their support! Additional sponsorship opportunities are available, email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
The high-level goals of OpenZFS are:
- to raise awareness of the quality, utility, and availability of open source implementations of ZFS
- to encourage open communication about ongoing efforts to improve open source ZFS
- to ensure consistent reliability, functionality, and performance of all distributions of ZFS.
The main technical goal of OpenZFS is easier sharing of code between platforms. Strategies include:
- creating a platform-independent mailing list for developers to review ZFS code and architecture changes from all platforms
- smoothing the illumos integration process
- making it easy to run both ztest and the ZFS test suite (TestRunner or STF based) on each platform
- reducing code differences between the platforms.
October: Slides and video from the OpenZFS Developer Summit 2015 are posted.
June: Videos from the OpenZFS European Conference are posted.
June: BSDCAN was held June 12-13 in Ottawa, Canada.
April: OpenZFS Office Hours with Justin Gibbs was held April 2nd
November 2014: The OpenZFS Developer Summit 2014 was held November 10-11th.
- How to participate
- Companies with products that are based on OpenZFS
- Download distributions that include OpenZFS
- Events – the forthcoming OpenZFS Developer Summit and more
- Developer resources
- Documentation for users/sysadmins
- About OpenZFS
All main pages (alphabetical order) …